Wednesday, February 13, 2013

traveling homebody


I have proclaimed that I am a traveling homebody. There's no doubt that I am most comfortable at home dining on chips and chewy candies. I'll take a frozen pizza over a crowded restaurant any day. But I have the constant itch to move and do. My restlessness constantly interrupts my homey nature. How to combat this conflict? Painting, baking, blogging. However the most rewarding activity I have discovered is taking scenic drives. Do I sound like a retiree? It feels like a mini trip, a much need escape without the necessary human interaction. Driving into the country seduces the romantic sentiment I have toward leading the simple life, which I know logistically I could never survive.




These conflicting ideals at play in: Rural Urbanite and a Traveling Homebody, only proves that we're all dynamic characters. My most recent outing was a short distance from my home, just a hop from Hamilton County over to Marion into central time zone. I took a drive into the mountains of Sequatchie Valley. Passing by farms and rustic barns, I dreamed up a life of simple existence hugging curves and singing along to Wanda Jackson. I danced with the idea of living in a barn, cozied up to a burning fire and eating pancakes. A world without my cell phone, stop lights or neighbors that swipe your trash can...this happen yesterday.




Enjoy my photos of the Tennessee  landscape. All images are from Marion County close to Ketner's Mill.

1 comment:

  1. Such a sense of peace, a perfect way to spend time away from it all, think I may need to plan a mini escape from modern life!
    Dxx

    ReplyDelete