Tuesday, February 12, 2013

pattern-ing


By nature I am a reactionary person. I think most of us are. It is something I have had to train myself to refrain from. My first instinct is reacting or jumping the gun longing for results immediately. Sometimes this trait, commonly spoken of as impatience, can a good thing. Field case number one...cookies. Taking them out of the oven a minute early can lead to chewy soft goodness. Field case number two...jumping to action. When an idea pops in my head, I tend to jump into action. This tends to mean that it gets started rather than linger in my head until it is forgotten.
With this new endeavor, inks+thread, I have wanted to see result immediately. But I have had to adopt patience to cultivate the best collection possibly. Each of the patterns starts out as a watercolor, by myself or one of the other two artist contributors. By starting each pattern by means of a painting study they have room to build and evolve. I have grown to really enjoy this beginning. Don't get me wrong, I wish I had product to show off now. Soon enough...the samples are on their way.



No comments:

Post a Comment