Wednesday, February 13, 2013

taste and sound of love: a valentines post


Valentines Day has always been the blackened heart holiday for me. Perhaps my ill affection for February 14th stems from the sad events of past. Maybe it is because the candy associated with lovers is chocolate, of which I have little taste for. If the previous assertions haven't hinted, I'll plainly state that my Valentines Days have been uncoupled, flowerless, absent of chocolate and all together unattractive.


However, this year I am determined to celebrate right. I have now been married for almost two months, so this is our first wedded holiday together. About 4 weeks in advanced, I began scouring to find the perfect gift. I couldn't find anything to present to my mister that echoed my love into his ears. So I have made him a delicious morsel: Chocolate Charms with a hint of Coffee. His two favorite delights...chocolate & coffee. I altered the recipe found on the Martha Stewart webpage here. These are not terribly sweet cookies, but they have the texture of shortbread cookies so best serve them with a glass of milk.


My better half blesses me with perfectly curated mixtapes, that are actually in the form of CDs, every once in awhile. I am determined to do the same for him this holiday. Below is my love playlist dedicated to my mister.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the playlist idea! You have fun music taste! I want to create one too. The chocolate cookies look sooooo yummy! Lucky man......

    ReplyDelete